Why do you need to create Amazon Baby Registry?
Create your baby regisrty
Your baby will be born very soon or already born? Then you will definitely need this service from Amazon. Having a registry allows you to keep your baby gear shopping list in one place, lets your friends and family know exactly what you want — down to the brand and model — and can help you save on the overwhelming cost of everything you’ll need for baby.
Many moms-to-be already have an Amazon account, so creating an Amazon Baby Registry can seem like a natural choice. With Amazon, you have access to almost all of the brands and products you love in one convenient place. Plus, you can get discounts, free samples, easy returns and free two-day shipping on registry items.
The Amazon Baby Registry benefits include:
- Largest Selection: Amazon has millions of products to fill your house with all the right baby things.
- Mobile Registry: Manage your Amazon Baby Registry on any device whenever—and wherever—you want.
- Universal Registry: Add products from any website to your Baby Registry with the Amazon Assistant.
- 90-Day Returns: Return items 90 days from receipt of shipment.
- Free two-day shipping: Prime members automatically get two-day shipping for free on their orders. If you don’t have Prime, you can sign up for a FREE 30 day trial
- Completion discount: When you register with Amazon, you’ll get something called a “completion discount.” This gives you 10 percent off — 15 percent off for Prime members — a one-time purchase of products from your registry. You’ll get the email 60 days before your due date and you have up to 180 days after your due date to take advantage of it.
- Free Welcome Box: The Amazon Welcome Box is a great way to get some free stuff (and who doesn’t love that?) while trying out brands that you normally wouldn’t buy. It includes products for mom and baby (most are sample size) that you can test out after your little one arrives. The mix of products in every box is a surprise, which adds to the fun. It doesn’t come automatically when you sign up for your registry, though. You need to be an Amazon Prime member and have one item from each of Amazon’s checklist categories in your registry. Someone also has to have made a $10 purchase from your registry.
- Prime Member Limited Time Offers: Prime member Baby Registrants are eligible for additional rotating limited time offers delivered via the Exclusive Offers area of your registry.
How do you get your FREE Welcom Box:
How to create an Amazon baby registry
Once you get to the main Amazon Baby Registry page, click the “Get Started” button. You’ll be prompted to put in your name, address, expected due date and shipping address. That’s all you need to do to create a basic registry. If you want to personalize your registry, there’s a section for optional information. You can include the gender of your baby, let Amazon know if this is your first child and write a cute message to family and friends who check out your list. Amazon includes a helpful sample note where parents-to-be can tell gift givers the color of the nursery or, for instance, that they prefer compact items because their apartment is on the smaller side.
Once you have the registry ready to go, it’s time to add products. You can add them from the individual product pages or look at Amazon’s Registry Checklist, which shows you popular products without ever having to leave the registry page.