Early pregnancy symptoms: First signs you might be pregnant
During pregnancy planning, waiting for the first manifestations of this condition is an exciting time. In any change I want to see evidence of a successful conception. Analyzes and tests can not give an accurate result in the early stages. Therefore, women are closely watching any changes in their body and health. Such symptoms often appear before changes in blood counts change.
When the first signs appear early pregnancy
Often understand that pregnancy has come, you can still in the early stages. The intensity of symptoms and their presence depend only on the individual characteristics of the woman’s body. Some may not notice any changes until the belly starts to round off.
In most cases, the first symptoms appear one or one and a half weeks after conception. The severity of changes in the usual state depends only on susceptibility to changes in hormonal levels. Some women can determine this condition in their already 5 day.
The presence or absence of menstruation can not be a reliable indicator of the conception occurred. The delay may indicate the presence of various pathologies. There are also many cases where a pregnant woman’s periods did not stop until the 4th month of fetal development.
Most of the symptoms that are characteristic of starting a pregnancy can indicate the presence of other processes. Various diseases and pathological processes may have similar symptoms (for example, changes in progesterone levels). Therefore, when symptoms appear, suggesting a possible conception, it is necessary that the physician conduct an accurate determination of the condition.
External changes appear early pregnancy
Symptoms associated with changes in sensation and changes in the physiological state are associated with hormonal fluctuations. But not every woman is sensitive to this. Many may not have delay or toxemia. Symptoms that appear externally may not be observed by everyone. And these changes will be noticeable not only to the expectant mother, but also to her close ones.
You can determine pregnancy by the following external signs:
- Deterioration of the skin – acne and acne appear more actively.
- Redness of the skin and sensations of heat.
- Swelling of the legs, arms and face.
- Visually noticeable bleed veins in the chest. This sign appears in the early stages not every woman has.
- Abdominal distention due to deterioration of the function of the stomach and intestines. Flatulence and constipation may begin during this period.
- Changing the size of the breast. An increase in the mammary glands of one or several sizes can occur even in the first week of pregnancy.
- Darkening of the line leading from the navel to the groin.
- Darkening of the nipples.
None of these signs is an accurate signal of fertilization. But if there is one or more of the symptoms related to physiology, then you can suspect the occurrence of pregnancy. Only a gynecologist will help to know this for sure.
Changes in sensation and general condition that occur early in pregnancy
Hormonal changes begin to occur in the body of the future mother literally from the first days after conception. Some may have many different signs and changes in their usual state at once. But others do not notice anything unusual until the first delay (if any). If there is no delay, the pregnancy may even become a surprise for about 3-4 months.
But, nevertheless, in the majority, after the egg cell was fertilized and the embryo began to develop, manifestations that are uncharacteristic for the normal state begin. This may concern both behavior and emotional-psychological state, as well as changes in tastes and the appearance of some pain. Often they occur before the delay of menstruation.
Typical changes that occur in the first weeks:
- Frequent fluctuations of emotions – a quick transition from a cheerful state to tears.
- Excessive irritability.
- General malaise, fatigue, weakness.
- Severity and minor pain in the pelvic region.
- Increased sleepiness or insomnia.
- Sensitive and restless sleep.
- Libido change.
- Frequent and prolonged headaches.
- Severity and discomfort in the pelvic region, especially when sitting.
- Attacks of chills and fever.
- Uncharacteristically large appetite and desire to use atypical foods.
- Nausea, vomiting, heartburn and pain in the stomach and intestines (toxicosis).
- Increased sensitivity to odors and their rejection (even familiar and loved ones).
Characteristic symptoms in early pregnancy
Symptoms of pregnancy that may appear already during the first week after conception:
- Discharge with blood. Such a sign may cause concern to the woman. However, this is a fairly common symptom in the early period. It appears 1-2 weeks after conception and embedding of the embryo.
- More abundant vaginal discharge.
- Reduced immunity – symptoms characteristic of the common cold occur.
- Hemorrhoids and constipation. After conception, various changes begin to occur in the woman’s body, including increased blood circulation in the pelvis. This can lead to the development of hemorrhoids.
- Disruption of the bowel. After conception, the stomach and intestines begin to work less actively and worse. This leads to gas and constipation.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Abundant salivation. It is not a frequent symptom, and, most often, is accompanied by nausea and uncomfortable sensations in the abdomen.
- An increase in body temperature up to 37 degrees, or vice versa a decrease in temperature, which is uncharacteristic of a normal state.
- High basal temperature. In the first days of pregnancy, it rises to 37 degrees. It usually rises during and after ovulation, but after fertilization, it remains high.
- Cramps in the legs during sleep.
- Low blood pressure. This is especially common in those prone to hypotension. This is accompanied by drowsiness, fatigue, constant fatigue and dizziness.
- More frequent urge to urinate. Due to hormonal and physiological changes, blood flow increases in the pelvic organs. This symptom is observed during the entire pregnancy. Cystitis may also develop.
- Thrush (candidiasis) is often a sign of pregnancy and requires treatment.
- Discomfort and pain in the lumbar region.
- Breast augmentation and unusually high sensitivity. Often this can occur in the early stages.
- Delayed menstruation is the most famous and most pronounced symptom. However, this can often indicate the presence of the disease. A pregnancy test is best carried out if the monthly “late” for one week. As a rule, the delay is not the only sign, and is accompanied by other symptoms.
There is a stereotype that during feeding you can not get pregnant. However, this information is incorrect. Lactation does not affect conception. Symptoms of pregnancy during the feeding period will be similar to those of this condition under normal conditions. But they will add the following symptoms:
- reducing the amount of milk;
- deterioration in the quality of milk (the child refuses it);
- feeding sensations become more unpleasant than usual.
The first signs of pregnancy and two strips on the test, in most cases, speak of successful conception. Even if you are sure that the pregnancy has come, you need to visit a doctor. This will help not only to obtain confirmation of conception, but also to determine the state of health of the woman. It is necessary to exclude any diseases and inflammatory processes in the organs of the urogenital system.
It is equally important during the first trimester to make sure that the pregnancy is uterine. Symptoms of ectopic are no different, and in the early stages this condition cannot be determined by the woman’s own sensations.